2018 Hyundai i30
Whilst the 2018 Hyundai i30 is a great model overall, it’s a car we’d recommend to those looking for a safe, efficient car to take them from A to B rather than keen car enthusiasts looking for a ride to offer them thrills and an exciting, enjoyable driving experience. (3.7/5 stars)
User Review( vote)
This new fastback model creates a new image for the Hyundai i30 in 2018. The roofline’s a little lower and comes up at the back to create a spoiler – something of a change from the car’s previously safe reputation when it comes to design, complete with front grille and stylish curves. The 2018 reincarnation of the i30 also incorporates 17in and 18in alloy wheel designs and generally speaking the model is far more athletic and faster on the roads than previous generations of the Hyundai i30s.
- More Control Behind The Wheel: Thanks to a stiffer suspension, the 2018 Hyundai i30 is far easier to handle than its predecessors.
- An Easy Drive: All of the previous stability offered by the Hyundai i30 isn’t taken away by the changes to the suspension. This model is still able to absorb any changes in the road surface just as effectively and ensures a smooth, calm drive on any terrain.
- Effortless Gear Changes: There are a few different options for the 2018 Hyundai i30, so drivers can tailor the car to their own personal requirements. It’s available with both a three-litre and four-litre petrol engine, and in terms of the gearbox, drivers can choose between a six-speed manual or a seven-speed automatic. The quality manufacturing involved in the production of the new Hyundai model ensures this is a car that can pull smoothly up through the revs, it won’t let you down even when moving fast from low engine speeds.
- An Economic Engine: In official tests, the 2018 Hyundai i30 has achieved 51.4mpg, which is impressive compared with other cars of its irk.
- Bad Rear Visibility: As previous models of the Hyundai i30 have prided themselves on the safety of the vehicle, some drivers might be concerned with the bad rear visibility for this model. This is due to the stylish sloping bodywork at the back of the car, which actually serves to compromise the view.
- Safety Over Thrills: Whilst the 2018 Hyundai i30 is a sportier model than its predecessors, it still shouldn’t be the go-to choice for any keen motorist looking for a car that will travel at fast speeds with ease and remain an enjoyable drive.
Own a new Hyundai i30 from just $90/week*!
The weekly repayment estimate provided by TNT Finance Pty Ltd t/a Loyalty Loans (Australian Credit Licence: 476475)
Not what you're after? Click here and name the specific vehicle you're seeking.
* This estimate is based on a commercial contract for a new vehicle with specific criteria. Picture may not represent actual vehicle.